Thursday, January 20, 2011

Fast 3K!

According to my training plan, tonight was supposed to be an easy 3k at 6:56 per kilometre (somewhere around an 11:00/mile). But, for whatever reason, even though I worked all day, taught at the college after work and was heading out into a chilly snowstorm at 9:00pm, I felt like I had some speed in me.

Maybe it was the fact that I wanted to just get the run over with, and get out of the snow, but I slapped on the YakTrax, and blew out a 14:58 3k run! I felt a little out of control at times as I dodged ice and mounds of snow, but otherwise felt pretty good! I'm not sure that what I did was really a wise thing as far as training goes - and I really need to work on my endurance, not so much with the speed, but every now and then it's fun to race against the clock.

I'm currently having some issues locating the cord that connects my Garmin to my computer, so I don't have my split times. I'll post them when I find the cord...

No comments:

Post a Comment