Saturday, January 8, 2011

I'm Committed Now...

Yikes! I just officially signed up for the Detroit Marathon this year! Crazy or not, there's no turning back now...

Until January 10, 2011 they had an early -bird special where registration was 50% off. If there's one thing I like more than putting my body through the torture of training for a marathon, it's saving 50% off!

I put my goal time as 3:55, which is an 8:58 pace per mile (5:30 per kilometre). That's what I can do for a 5k, so let's hope I can just go out and repeat that 9x on race day.

I guess it's about to get a whole bunch more serious now....

1 comment:

  1. I'm all signed up too (though at a much more conservative finish time estimate)! I'm worried that it's too early, and what if I change my mind, blah, blah, blah, but like you I LOVE a deal!

    ReplyDelete